Four Ashes Machinery Ltd has taken steps to ensure your data is kept safe. We do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, we have ensured that the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party
Data collection and how is it used
• We use the information to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you selected the ‘remember me’ option
• Data collected is also used to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart and to enhance the site and service to suit your needs
• If you have turned on cookies and now wish to turn them off, you can do so by going to ‘Tools, Internet Options, Privacy’ and selecting to block cookies
Signing up to receive the latest emails and promotions. Data collected:
– Email Address
• We will email you on a regular basis with our latest deals and offers
Ordering with Four Ashes Machinery Ltd online. Data collected:
– Invoice Address
– Delivery Address
– Contact Number
– Email Address
– Paypal Email Address (if paying by Paypal)
• We need to collect this information to process your order
• We will pass your name, delivery address, email address and contact phone number to our courier company. Four Ashes Machinery Ltd takes steps to ensure that our courier company are compliant with EU data protection laws. The courier company will use your phone number to contact you with delivery updates
• We will use your email address to keep you up to date with your order and to send you your invoice
• If paying by Paypal, we will store your Paypal email address for fraud prevention purposes
Creating an account on our website. Data collected:
– Email Address
– VAT number (if required)
– We also keep an encrypted record of your password- Legitimate reasons
• For ease of ordering from our website in the future and to store previous orders
Protecting your personal data
Four Ashes Machinery Ltd will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We have a number of security measures to provide a reasonable protection to your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. These measures include:
• Firewalls, data encryption and information access authorisation controls
• Training of all staff to be aware and vigilant of possible fraud. We have a procedure for investigating and reporting fraud
• Secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology
We use Sage Pay and Paypal as payment processing providers.
• Sage Pay – Please see the ‘secure payments’ page of our website
How long your data is kept
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Who do we share your data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
• Payment service providers
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems
• HM Revenue & customs
• Fraud prevention agencies
• Regulators and other authorities
Accessing your personal data
You may view the information we hold for you by logging into your online accounts. You can edit and remove personal data in your account. You can also request your data by using our online contact form.
You have the right to question any information we hold about you that you think is inaccurate or incomplete. We may contact you from time to time to ensure that we hold the correct information about you.
Withdrawing your consent
You have the right to remove our use of your personal data or ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no contractual or legal need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’, ‘right to erasure’ or the ‘right to be forgotten’
Changes and contact
For all queries regarding data protection, please contact:
Tel: 01225 891158