Maximum digging depth: 500mm, weight 16.2 kg
GeoRipper® GR20 HD includes a Makita® EK8100 – 2-stroke engine 81 cc, 4.2 kW (5.6 hp), GR 20 GeoRipper® digging bar, two self-sharpening digging chains (38mm wide), 18 mm combination spanner, spare nose bearing and fitting screws, replacement drive belt and original user manual. The GeoRipper® GR20 is a commercial portable mini trencher for all trenching applications such as fibre optic, low voltage cables, drainage, irrigation, fencing, root pruning and many more.
What are the benefits of the HD version?
- Extra 1.2 hp added power
- Multi-functional switch lever. Choke, half-throttle and stopping can be controlled by a single switch lever.
- More efficient engine cooling. Obtained by using starter cover with bigger air intake area and new flywheel.
- Environmentally friendly 2-stroke engine with Scavenging Losses Rejection (SLR) exhaust developed without a catalytic converter.
- Up to 15% less fuel consumption with SLR technology.
- Compatible with GR27 (700mm) trenching bar and wider 50mm chains
HD is for Heavy Duty power head: the Makita EK8100. Chose this model if you need the extra power or if you plan to upgrade to a GR27 trenching bar and / or the 50mm wide chains.